Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What exactly is the "Touch" all about?

So many people talk to me about wanting to do "something" new in their home but simply can't afford it.  In these times, its understandable.  We all give up things and are staying home more...so why not make your home a place to enjoy without spending a ton of money. My motto has always been " A Touch" can do "So Much".  A coat of paint, a few things added here and there, and you have the feel of new space. 

I bargain shop for sure.  I hit all the same stores you do....Ross, Marshalls, Home Goods, etc...I may get my ideas from the high dollar stores or magazines, but with some simple changes, you will be surprised how easy and inexpensive it can be to transform a room.  .

A bathroom make-over is a great place to start.  Don't be afraid to use COLOR.  Just painting makes such a difference.  And then you add the little touches to bring it to life.  I've pictured a couple of ideas that I've done in several bathrooms I've finished.

For instance, don't go looking for a "soap dish" to match the towels....look for something that matches your theme!  And stay out of the bathroom section!  I found this wonderful mini bird bath and it looks adorable with soaps and sponges.

Use candles in your Master Bath.  Create a space for you to unwind.   Get rid of that old weaved basket with your bath oils and powders.  Find a wonderful wall shelf, hang it low, and create a spa of your own.
Little weaved balls to compliment the "fancy soaps" make it come alive.

Again, look at your bathroom as an extension of  YOU...Touch of Toni can do so much to help with a very small budget.







No comments:

Post a Comment